About FuturEnergy Ireland
FuturEnergy Ireland (the Group) is a Joint Venture Group owned jointly by Coillte and ESB. The business previously traded as the Renewable Energy Division within the Coillte Group. This division was transferred to a new Company, FuturEnergy Ireland Development DAC (FEID) in November 2021 and ESB acquired 50% of the Group via a Holding Company, FuturEnergy Ireland Development Holdings DAC.
The Group has been established with the ambition of delivering 1GW of onshore wind by 2030 and to deploy solar and storage technologies where these are complimentary to the core onshore wind objective.
Our advanced development portfolio includes projects located in areas that are impacted by high network congestion levels. The Group is exploring the potential of a new class of cost-effective long duration storage to create additional network capacity in these constrained locations, while simultaneously addressing the system level integration challenges associated with Ireland’s 80% RES-E target.
This role relates to the delivery of large-scale onshore wind projects from the point of successful planning determination through to financial investment decision and into the build/construction cycle to commercial operations.
- Project manage large-scale, multi-contract wind energy projects from the latter development stages through commercialisation, procurement, financial close and construction;
- Form and deliver the Health, Safety & Environmental strategy for each project, demonstrating the required leadership within the project and each project’s supply chain;
- Prepare the project delivery plan including programme, Capex/Opex budget, risk register and mitigation plan;
- Prepare and maintain responsibility for the commercial business case and project programme;
- Manage and co-ordinate the advisory team during the tender/negotiation process for procurement of the full suite of professional services, equipment supply and capital works contracts, from pre-construction to construction stage;
- Ensure all technical interface points are clearly defined and operational;
- Support engagements with Transmission System Operator/ Distribution System Operator (TSO/DSO) with regard to the grid connection process;
- As Client Representative, oversee the specialist service providers responsible for the management of the design and construction interfaces between Civil, Electrical and Turbine Contracts;
- Commercial and management of multi-contracts from the Client’s perspective, including stewardship of the interim accounts;
- Oversee all stages of construction activity to ensure works are carried out to the required quality, safety, environmental and technical standards;
- Coordinate all project support functions delivered through the in-house team and outsourced service providers;
- Implement the Community Engagement Plan in conjunction with the Community Engagement team, including delivery of a best practice stakeholder management and consultation plan;
- Implement best practice in project controls, and performance management;
- Coordinate relevant management fora, including preparation and presentation of all relevant operational reports.
Behavioural Competencies include:
- Acting as a role model for living FuturEnergy Ireland’s TRUE values (trusted, resourceful, united, energised) and maintaining the environment for those on the FuturEnergy Ireland team to do the same;
- Innovation: Openness to new ways of doings things to maintain and create value and/or mitigate risks;
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Ability to work effectively within a team, both as team leader and team member;
- Professionalism and Attention to Detail: Diligence and care in delivery and management of all tasks, relying on strong organisational skills;
- Results Driven: Ability to set ambitious targets and exceed goals ensuring sustained high levels of performance and delivery;
- Communication: Excellent communication, listening and negotiation skills.
- Initiative: Ability to work on own initiative with strong commercial drivers;
- Problem Solving: Proven capability and effectiveness in problem solving;
- Resilience: Capability to perform well in a pressurised environment for sustained periods;
- Leadership: Possess and demonstrate strong leadership skills, including ability to form key relationships and manage stakeholders through complex problems towards mutually beneficial outcomes;
- Commercial Awareness and Interest: Sound knowledge relating to key commercial drivers relevant to development processes.
- HETAC Level 8 qualification in Engineering, Sustainability, Finance or related discipline.
- 10+ years project management experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in large-scale Infrastructure Project Delivery, preferably in a Wind Energy environment, with a record of strong performance management and achievement;
- Project management experience in the project execution stages pre-construction/procurement, construction, and commissioning/commencement of operations in projects of commercial and financial scale;
- Ability to drive programme performance whilst ensuring adherence to requisite safety, quality and environmental standards;
- Previous experience of managing projects through the funding/financing process including interacting with funders technical and legal advisors;
- Good engineering, people management and verbal and excellent written communication and reporting skills.
- Experience in implementing best-in-class project controls and project governance processes.
- Strong understanding of environmental aspects of wind farm projects.
- High energy and commitment to best practice and continuous improvement.
- Experience in delivering projects in complex local community and stakeholder environments, and ability to generate widespread buy-in for important sustainable infrastructure.