This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work at the leading edge of renewable power system integration in Ireland, supporting the delivery of a fully decarbonised power system in Ireland by 2035.
We are looking for an experienced Project Developer to lead development activities on a portfolio of long duration energy storage projects in various strategic locations around Ireland.
- Generate a robust development pipeline for the LDES portfolio.
- Work with the Group’s in-house specialists (GIS, Grid, Planning, Finance, Ecology) to refine and prioritise the storage pipeline.
- In conjunction with the Group’s Land team, secure project land rights, ensuring all title issues are identified and rectified ahead of any final investment decision.
- Lead the procurement of services from third party planning consultants to prepare planning applications for the portfolio of sites.
- Project manage the planning application process up to the point of issue of final planning grants for the project sites.
- Supported by the Group’s Community Engagement team, develop and implement a best-in-class community engagement strategy on all development sites.
- Liaise with all preferred technology providers to obtain technical and environmental information necessary to support planning applications.
- Work with and support senior managers in relation to ongoing system analysis, business case development and ongoing policy and regulatory advocacy work, including all work associated with the successful delivery of a near-term demonstration/pilot project by 2027.
- Monitoring ongoing technological developments and work with the Group’s LDES team to identify compelling emerging technologies capable of solving network congestion, system curtailment and oversupply and replace existing peaking generation capacity.
A role model for living FuturEnergy Ireland’s values (TRUE: Trusted, Resilient, United, Energised) and maintaining the environment for those on the FuturEnergy Ireland team to do the same.
- Excellent fundamental organisational and project management skills with an ability to execute best in class approaches and provide clear and concise reporting on,
- project safety,
- budget and
- The ability to understand and prioritise critical path activities at any point in time to support early project delivery.
- Good working knowledge of the Irish planning system with previous experience managing projects through the process up to the point of securing a planning decision.
- Basic knowledge and experience working with land agreements including purchase, lease and easement options and agreements.
- Demonstrate strong commercial awareness.
Desired Technical/Professional Competencies:
- Knowledge of the power system in Ireland and what is required to achieve a net zero power system by 2030.
- Knowledge of existing electricity market structures in Ireland.
- iExperience working via industry bodies to develop solutions and create new opportunities for the renewable energy sector in Ireland.
- Experience with commercial development of assets in the energy or related industries, ideally leading commercial project teams comprising internal/external experts supporting the final delivery of projects.
- Familiarity with the stage-gate project development model, including experience preparing and presenting the business case and basis for gating decisions.
- Are ambitious, curious, and able to build trust and credibility, externally as well as internally, through experience, empathy, and persuasiveness of argument.
- Are committed to delivering a de-carbonised power system in Ireland, thereby reducing our reliance on imported fossil fuels.
- Can excel in team environment, including willingness to work in close collaboration with colleagues, service providers and technology partners / manufacturers, building strong and trusting relationships.
About FuturEnergy Ireland
FuturEnergy Ireland is a Joint Venture company jointly owned by Coillte and ESB.
FuturEnergy Ireland is seeking to deliver at least 1GW of onshore wind by 2030 and to deploy solar and storage technologies where these are complimentary to the core onshore wind objective.
Our advanced development portfolio includes projects located in areas that are impacted by high network congestion levels. FuturEnergy Ireland is exploring the potential of long duration storage to create additional network capacity in a cost-effective way, while simultaneously addressing the system level integration challenges associated with Ireland’s 80% RES-E target.