FuturEnergy Ireland story
In November 2021, Coillte and ESB joined forces to launch their joint venture company FuturEnergy Ireland.
As custodian of 7% of Ireland’s land, Coillte plays a critical role in tackling climate change through the active management of its land and forest resources and the manufacture of sustainable forest products.
Coillte’s portfolio of proposed wind farm projects and its Renewable Energy division transferred to FuturEnergy Ireland in Q4 2021. FuturEnergy Ireland is part of the company’s wider strategic plan and commitment to creating a sustainable future.
ESB, through its Brighter Future strategy, is furthering its investment in and commitment to onshore wind generation in Ireland, one of the main technologies underpinning the clean electricity systems that will power our societies into the future.
Our ambition is to develop more than 1GW of renewable energy capacity by 2030 and make a significant contribution to Ireland’s commitment to produce 80% of electricity from renewable sources by the end of the decade.
Using our team's knowledge and expertise, we develop wind farms in the most responsible manner with the strong support of local host communities. Together, let's create a cleaner, brighter future for our children, our nation and our world.
These company values shape our culture and guide us through all our business interactions.
Here’s what we strive to be:
- We are consistently open, honest, respectful and genuine.
- We keep our word.
- We have the agility, determination and expertise to meet challenges with creativity and resilience.
- We engage, we evaluate, we act.
- We are one team, driven by unity of purpose, and understand that success is dependent on our collective energy and contribution.
- We care deeply about local communities and the environment, promoting a win-win approach in all commercial and community collaborations
- We are empowered to deliver so we set ourselves high standards, accept accountability for results and are motivated by our achievements.
- We care profoundly about FuturEnergy Ireland’s contribution to delivering a low carbon future with resultant benefits for our children, our nation and our world.
Our commitment to you
At FuturEnergy Ireland, we take our responsibility to all stakeholders very seriously. These include individuals, groups and local representatives within close proximity to our projects.
We strive to develop renewable energy projects in a way that is good for society and local communities, sharing the economic benefits and making a contribution to amenities.
We recognise that we will only achieve this by setting the highest standards for ourselves and by working in collaboration with local communities.
We value teamwork
FuturEnergy Ireland takes pride in the level of public consultation undertaken on each and every project across the country. Each project team includes a Project Manager, a Community Engagement Manager and a dedicated Community Liaison Officer (CLO), who works on the ground and acts as a main point of contact.Community